Life Connection Church would like to invite you to come out and join us for
Western Day 2022!
This event is always a treat! A free event with fun games for the family. Events will include calf roping, a shooting range, horseshoe toss, and pictures on the saddle. Dress in your best western wear and bring your appetite!
We will be hosting our Annual Chili Bean Cook-Off. The winner(s) will receive a special plaque and the privilege of being named
Chili Bean Winner of 2022!!
Chili will be judged according to 5 criteria. Chili will be rated on a scale of zero to the number posted after each of the 5 categories;
- Color – Chili should look appetizing, reddish brown is generally accepted as good. 10 possible points
- Aroma – Chili should smell good. This also indicates what’s in store when you taste it. 10 possible points
- Consistency – Chili must have a good ratio between sauce and meat. It should not be dry, watery, grainy, lumpy, or greasy. 20 possible points
- Taste – Taste, above all else, taste is the most important factor. The taste should consist of a combination of meat, spices, etc. with no particular ingredient being dominant.30 possible points
- After-taste – The aftertaste or bite is the heat created by the various types of spices and or peppers. 20 possible points
If you would like to participate in the Annual Chili Bean Cook-Off, registration forms and instructions for participation will be available in the LCC office. Deadline for registration is April 1, 2022.
If you would like to participate as a judge, please complete a judging form or send an email with your name and phone number to email@example.com.
Attn: Chili Bean Judge